3lb Chicken breasts – quartered.
Salt and pepper to season.
2 Tblsp Ghee (Substitute with butter).
3 Garlic cloves – peeled and minced.
2 Cups Yellow onions – finely chopped.
2 Tblsp Ginger powder.
2 Tsp Cumin powder.
2 Tsp Yellow mustard seeds – ground.
1 Tsp Ground cinnamon.
½ Tsp Ground cloves.
1 Tblsp Turmeric.
1½ Tsp Cayenne pepper.
1 Tblsp Paprika.
2 Tsp Lemon juice.
2 Tblsp Distilled white vinegar.
1 Tsp Brown sugar.
2 Tsp Salt.
2 Cups Water.
2 Tblsp Tamarind paste.
1. Salt and pepper the chicken.
2. Melt the ghee in a frying pan over medium-high heat, then brown the chicken in it.
3. Remove the chicken to a 6-quart stove-top covered casserole, leaving the fat in the frying pan. Add the garlic and onion to the pan and sauté until golden brown.
4. Add the garlic and onion to the casserole along with the ginger, cumin, mustard seed, cinnamon, cloves, turmeric, cayenne, and paprika. Sauté all for a few minutes.
5. Add all the remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer until the chicken is tender – about 45 minutes. Stir a few times during cooking and partially remove the lid during the last 15 minutes to thicken the sauce.