1 Medium Eggplant, peeled and cut into 1″ cubes
2 Red Bell Peppers, seeded and cut into 1″ pieces
1 Red Onion, peeled and cut into 1″ pieces
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
1 Tbsp Fresh thyme, chopped
3 Tbsp Olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 Tbsp Tomato Paste
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
1 Tsp Sugar
1/4 Tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine eggplant, red bell pepper, onion, garlic, and thyme.
3. Drizzle with olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper, then toss to combine.
4. Spread on a baking sheet and bake until the vegetables are soft and lightly browned; about 45 minutes, stirring halfway through.
5. Let cool for a few minutes, then transfer to a food processor and add tomato paste.
6. Pulse until blended, 3 or 4 times, then transfer to a bowl and stir in lemon juice, red wine vinegar, sugar, and red pepper flakes.
7. Season to taste with salt and pepper.