4 Granny smith apples – chopped.
1 Cup Rhubarb – chopped.
2 Tsp Cinnamon.
½ Tsp Nutmeg.
½ Cup Brown sugar.
3 Tblsp Flour.
1 Tblsp Lemon juice.
1 Egg – beaten.
Shortcrust pasty – enough to fit the base and top of a 9″ pie dish.
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. Mix apples, rhubarb, cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar, flour, and lemon juice in a large bowl, thoroughly.
3. Roll out pastry to ¼” thickness and place into the pie dish, trimming excess overhang as necessary.
4. Place apple mixture into pie dish.
5. Roll out remaining pastry to ¼” thickness and place on top of pie. Crimp edges to seal pie.
6. Insert a knife to make 3 separate holes in the top of the pie and then coat the top of the pie with the beaten egg.
7. Cook pie for 15 minutes. Turn oven temperature down to 350F and cook for a further 35 minutes.