- 1lbs Cauliflower Florets
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ Tsp Sea Salt
- ½ Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 6 Tbsp Vegan Butter
- 6 Tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 3 cups Plant Based Milk
- ½ Cup Vegan Breadcrumbs
- Add cauliflower florets to a mixing bowl along with the olive oil, sea salt and black pepper. Toss the cauliflower florets so that they are lightly coated in the oil and spices.
- Transfer to a parchment lined tray and bake in a preheated oven at 425°F for 20 minutes.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and then turn the oven down to 400°F.
- Add the vegan butter to a saucepan on medium heat and when melted, add in the all purpose flour.
- Fry the flour in the vegan butter until the rawness of the flour is cooked off. This should be 1-2 minutes or when the smell of the flour has disappeared.
- Add the milk slowly to the pan, whisking continuously to dissolve any lumps.
- Once all the milk is incorporated, bring to the boil whisking constantly for a few minutes, until the sauce has thickened noticeably.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add nutritional yeast, dijon mustard, onion powder, garlic powder and salt. Whisk in thoroughly.
- Place the roasted cauliflower into a mixing bowl, pour over the sauce and mix the cauliflower gently in the sauce, to cover completely.
- Transfer the cauliflower mix, to a baking dish large enough to hold the mixture with at least 1/2 inch of room left at the top.
- Level the mixture, spread the breadcrumbs evenly over the top, then drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake in the oven uncovered at 400°F for 25 minutes.
Leave a Reply