4oz Chorizo, casings removed and crumbled
1 Small Onion, thinly sliced
1 Clove Garlic, thinly sliced
1/2 Cup Diced Tomatoes
1 Cup Arborio Rice
Pinch of Saffron, dissolved in 2 Tblsp Water
1.5 Cups Water
Salt & Pepper
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
8oz Cooked Chicken
8oz Mixed Seafood (thawed if frozen)
2 Tblsp chopped flat-leaf Parsley
1 Scallion, thinly sliced
1. In a 10-inch skillet, cook the Chorizo over a medium heat, breaking it up with a spoon, until some of the fat is rendered and the Chorizo is browned – approx 4 minutes.
2. Add the Onion and Garlic and cook over low heat, stirring, until softened and just beginning to brown – approx 8 minutes.
3. Stir in the Tomatoes, Rice, Saffron with its liquid and the 1.5 cups of Water. Season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil, then cover and simmer over a low heat, without stirring, until the rice is al dente and the liquid is absorbed – approx 15 minutes.
4. Stir the cooked chicken and the seafood mix into the rice. Cover and cook on a medium heat for 5-10 minutes, until the paella is just heated through and the seafood is cooked.
5. Garnish with the Parsley and Scallion, drizzle with the Olive Oil and serve.
Leave a Reply