For the Seasoning:
1 Tbsp Chili Powder
0.25 Tsp Garlic Powder
0.25 Tsp Onion Powder
0.25 Tsp Dried Oregano
0.5 Tsp Paprika
1.5 Tsp Ground Cumin
1 Tsp Sea Salt
1 Tsp Black Pepper
For the Main Dish:
2lbs Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
0.5 Large Red Bell Pepper, chopped
0.5 Large Green Bell Pepper, chopped
1 Medium Onion, chopped
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
1 26oz Can of Petite Diced Tomatoes, undrained
1 Large Jalapeño, chopped
1 Tblsp Red Chili Flakes
1 6oz Can of Tomato Paste
1 15oz Can of White Beans, rinsed and drained
0.5 Cup of Frozen Corn
1 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Pepper
3 Tsp Cold Water and 3 Tsp Corn Starch – mixed until smooth
0.5 Cup Cilantro
1. Mix the seasoning spices together, until well blended.
2. Place chicken in a single layer, in the slow cooker.
3. Sprinkle the seasoning over both sides of the chicken.
4. Add bell peppers, onion, garlic, diced tomatoes, jalapeño, chili flakes and tomato paste to the slow cooker.
5. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
6. Shred the chicken in the slow cooker, add the corn starch mixture, then mix everything thoroughly. Cook for a further 30 minutes.
7. Add in the white beans, corn and cilantro. Mix well and cook for another 30 minutes.