I’ve made salmon several ways but this has to be by far the easiest to get a perfectly moist, fully cooked salmon, every time and it’s ready in less than 30 minutes.
2 (5 ounce) salmon fillets
Salt and pepper
4 lemon slices
3 tablespoons of unsalted butter
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
2 tablespoons of capers drained and rinsed
1/2 teaspoon of lemon zest
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick spray (optional).
- Place salmon fillets on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle fillets with kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper, then place 2 lemon slices on top of each fillet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, tent the foil and leave to steam outside the oven for 10 more minutes.
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Once butter has melted add garlic, capers, lemon zest and lemon juice, then cook for 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove lemon slices from the fish and discard. Gently slide a turner or serving spatula between the skin and the flesh of the fillet to remove the skin, it should separate very easily. Transfer fillet to a serving platter and spoon lemon caper butter over the top.