⅓lb Portabella mushrooms.
⅓lb Shiitake mushrooms – stems removed.
⅓lb Crimini mushrooms.
1 Cup Red onion – chopped finely.
1 Tsp Fresh thyme.
1 Cup Dry sherry.
4 Cups vegetable broth.
1. Saute onion in the butter, in a soup pan, until lightly browned (approximately 4 minutes).
2. Cut the mushrooms into bite-sized pieces and add to the onions.
3. Add the thyme, and cook on medium, until mushrooms are lightly browned (approximately 8 to 10 minutes).
4. Add the sherry and bring mixture to a boil, stirring continuously.
5. Add the broth, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Serve immediately, seasoning with salt and pepper as required.