1 Large Eggplant.
2 Tblsp Vegetable oil.
1 Tsp Cumin seeds.
1 Onion – thinly sliced.
1 Tblsp Ginger garlic paste.
1 Tblsp Curry powder.
1 Tomato – diced.
½ cup Plain yogurt.
1 Jalapeno – finely chopped.
1 Tsp salt.
¼ bunch cilantro, finely chopped.
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
2. Place eggplant on a medium baking sheet. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until tender. Remove from heat, cool, peel, and chop.
3. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Mix in cumin seeds and onion and cook, stirring until onion is tender.
4. Mix ginger garlic paste, curry powder, and tomato into the saucepan, and cook for about one minute.
5. Stir in yogurt. Mix in eggplant and jalapeno pepper, and season with salt.
6. Cover, and cook 10 minutes over high heat.
7. Remove cover, reduce heat to low, and continue cooking about 5 minutes. Garnish with cilantro to serve.