1 Large Cauliflower.
220g Strong Cheddar cheese.
3 Tblsp Plain flour.
½ Tsp Dried English mustard.
Pinch of Nutmeg.
1. Pre-heat oven to 450F.
2. Trim the cauliflower and break into small florets.
3. Boil in salted water for 10-15 minutes, or until just tender.
4. Drain in a colander and then place in a buttered ovenproof baking dish.
5. Heat the milk, flour and butter in a saucepan, whisking with a wire whisk continuously until the sauce thickens, boils and is smooth. Allow to simmer for a further two minutes.
6. Add three-quarters of the grated cheese, mustard, a pinch of nutmeg and seasoning. Cook for a further minute, stirring well.
7. Pour the sauce over the cauliflower and sprinkle the remaining cheese, over the top.
8. Bake for about twenty minutes, until golden brown and bubbling.