1lb Ground beef.
1 Onion – diced.
3 Carrots – sliced.
2 Tblsp All purpose flour.
½ Tsp Ground cinnamon.
1 Tblsp Italian seasoning.
2 Tblsp Fresh parsley – chopped.
1½ Cups Beef broth.
1 Tblsp Tomato paste.
Salt and pepper to taste.
4 Potatoes – peeled and diced.
¼ Cup Butter – softened.
1 Cup Milk
¼ lb Cheddar cheese – shredded.
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Place a large skillet over medium heat, crumble in the ground beef and saute for one minute.
3. Add the onion and carrot, then continue to saute until meat is no longer pink and the onion begins to brown (approx five minutes). Mix in flour, cinnamon, mixed herbs, and parsley.
4. In a small bowl, combine the beef broth and tomato paste. Mix together thoroughly, then add to beef mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Lower heat and simmer mixture for fifteen minutes, stirring occasionally, until almost all of liquid has been absorbed. Spoon mixture into a 9 inch pie dish.
6. Place the diced potatoes in a medium saucepan. Cover with water and place over high heat. Allow to come to a boil and keep boiling for fifteen minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
7. Drain the potatoes and mash until smooth, then add butter or margarine, followed by milk. Whip until fluffy and finally add salt and pepper to taste.
8. Spread potatoes over beef filling and sprinkle the top with the grated cheese.
9. Bake in the pre-heated oven for twenty-five minutes, until the top is browned and the cheese is bubbly.