16oz package of Lasagna noodles.
2 Tblsp Olive oil.
1 Onion – chopped.
8oz Mushrooms – sliced.
2 Tblsp Garlic – minced.
1 Zucchini – finely chopped.
56oz Tomatoes – crushed.
6oz Tomato paste.
1 Tblsp dried Oregano.
1 pinch Brown sugar.
Salt to taste.
10oz Spinach – chopped.
16oz Cottage cheese.
3 Tblsp dried Basil – divided.
¼ Cup Parmesan cheese – grated.
1lb Mozzarella cheese – shredded.
1. Cook lasagna noodles in a large pot of lightly salted, boiling water for ten minutes, or until al dente.
2. Rinse noodles with cool water, drain, and set aside.
3. Heat oil in a large skillet, over medium heat.
4. Cook the chopped onions, mushrooms, garlic, and zucchini in the oil until soft.
5. Stir in the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, brown sugar, and salt to taste. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for fifteen minutes.
6. Drain cottage cheese, then using a mixer, blend spinach, cottage cheese, eggs, and 2 tablespoons of the basil until smooth.
7. In a separate bowl, combine shredded mozzarella cheese and grated Parmesan cheese.
8. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
9. Spread 1 cup of sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish.
10. Layer ⅓ of the noodles, ⅓ cottage cheese/spinach mixture, ⅓ of remaining sauce, and ⅓ cheese mixture.
11. Repeat layers with remaining ingredients.
12. Sprinkle top with the remaining one tablespoon of dried basil.
13. Bake in a preheated oven for 60 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.